WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?: Former Guelph dry cleaners might be transformed to quick meals restaurant
A former dry cleaners on Woodlawn Road could soon be offering up something a little different.
JUST THE FACTS
• At its Oct. 13 meeting, the city’s committee of adjustment will be hearing an application to allow a Popeyes Louisiana Chicken to open at 80 Woodlawn Rd. W., formerly the longtime home of Palmer Cleaners.
• According to the variance application, the property’s current service commercial zoning does not permit a fast food outlet like Popeyes to operate there.
• If approved, the new Popeyes would have a drive-thru on the east side of the building, facing Nicklin Road.
• Palmer Cleaners had called the Woodlawn location home for years before it was closed last year. The dry cleaner now operates solely out of its 951 Gordon St. location.
• So what will happen to the existing Popeyes at 11 Woodlawn Rd. W., less than a kilometre away? That remains to be seen, as Restaurant Brands International, Popeyes’ parent company, did not respond to a request for comment for this story.
• The Oct. 13 committee of adjustment meeting is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m., and will be livestreamed online at guelph.ca/live. People can also listen in to the meeting by calling 416-216-5643, and enter meeting code 2346 336 2228.
• Anyone looking to speak on this application to the committee is encouraged to contact committee staff by noon on Oct. 13. To reach committee staff, email c[email protected], call 519-822-1260, ext. 2524 or TTY 519-826-9771.
Wondering what’s going on somewhere in your community? Send an email to [email protected].