Outside eating in 2022: 5 patio eating places to take a look at in Guelph
Patio eating is back.
Outdoor dining establishments are all the rage downtown and across Guelph. Here’s a list of five patios to check out in 2022.
1. Earth to Table Bread Bar — This downtown establishment was named among a list of Canada’s Top 100 restaurants for outdoor dining.
Location: 105 Gordon St., Guelph, Ont.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mon-Sat | Sun 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
2. Miijidaa Cafe and Bistro — Miijidaa is a loose translation of “let’s eat” in the Indigenous Ojibway language and the establishment focuses on a culinary focus on Canada.
Location: 37 Quebec St., Guelph, Ont.
Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sun-Thu | 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fri-Sat
3. The Shakespeare Arms — Don’t let the fact this is an Old English pub fool you; this establishment is an enjoyable place for everyone of all ages.
Location: 35 Harvard Rd., Guelph, Ont.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Mon-Thu | 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Fri-Sat | 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sun
4. Borealis Grill and Bar — This south end restaurant is all about serving local and it features an outdoor dining space.
Location: 1388 Gordon St., Guelph, Ont.
Hours: 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sun-Thu | 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. Fri-Sat
5. Broken English Bistro — The establishment in Guelph’s northeast end serves German and Polish cuisines and features a small outdoor dining section.
Location: 543 Speedvale Ave. East, Guelph, Ont.
Hours: 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tue-Wed | 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thu-Sat | Closed Sun-Mon