Increase a glass to native brewers on Guelph Beer Day
Enjoy the fun with help from a shuttle bus as five local brewers showcase their craft on Saturday
Guelph’s local breweries are encouraging everyone of legal drinking age to raise a glass of locally brewed beer on Saturday, Nov. 19, to celebrate Guelph Beer Day.
Launched in 2018, Guelph.Beer is a partnership between Guelph’s five local brewers focused on nurturing and growing Guelph’s exceptional beer culture by furthering beer education, promoting collaboration, and building Guelph’s reputation as a world-class brewing center and beer destination.
To mark Guelph Beer Day, the Guelph.Beer bus will be providing free transportation between each Guelph brewery from noon to 6 pm, as well as hosting special events at each location:
- Royal City will be hosting the official grand opening of the Royal City Beer Hall which features a full food menu as well as 15+ craft beers on tap. The Making Box will also be doing a live improv show later that evening.
- Sleeman will have Sue Keuhl, head archivist from Sleeman Brewery, available in the museum and hospitality room from 2 to 5 pm Keuhl will be showing off 140-year-old beer bottles and items from the Sleeman archives. This is a fantastic opportunity for any history and beer fans to hear, see, and touch local brewing and civic history.
- Wellington will have Los Rolling Tacos food truck in the parking lot, DJ Chill Haze in the tap room, and a special collaboration beer with Royal City on tap.
- Fixed Gear will have live music from 1 to 4 pm featuring Guelph based singer-songwriter Kat Steeves performing at the Fixed Gear Canteen.
- Brothers Brewing will have a coaster drawing contest with the winner receiving a Brothers’ sweatshirt. Bonus points for including the Guelph beer bus.
Share your Guelph Beer Day photos visiting Guelph’s local breweries on Instagram using the #GuelphBeer hashtag and keep an eye out for ways to win a Guelph.Beer prize pack.
For more information, including the Guelph.Beer Bus schedule, visit Guelph.Beer.