Artwork, dwelling decor, trend up for bid in Guelph’s Shelldale Household Gateway on-line public sale
Shelldale Family Gateway, a non-profit community organization serving children, youth and their families in the Onward Willow neighbourhood of Guelph, is hosting an online auction this spring in hopes of raising money to support youth programs.
Here are five things you need to know about the upcoming auction:
1. The Step into Spring Online Auction and Art Sale will offer a wide array of items to bid on, including some special art pieces created by kids at this year’s March break Camp and youth attending Shelldale FG’s youth programs.
“Shelldale Family Gateway relies on the generosity of donors to fund programs like the after school and Breakfast Club,” said Shelldale FG’s executive director, Diana Boal, in a press release. “Funds raised through this auction and all of our fundraisers are directly applied to our programs that are designed to meet the diverse needs of children, youth, and their families in Onward Willow and that support and celebrate the multiculturalism of this special community.”
2. Shelldale’s community partners and businesses in Guelph have donated items for the auction such as health and beauty products, home décor, fashion, food certificates and more.
3. With Earth Day in mind (April 22), kids from Shelldale programs got involved by creating original, one-of-a-kind works of art to submit for the auction.
4. Shelldale hopes to raise a minimum of $5,000 to support the organization’s camps, breakfast club, and other much-needed programs that benefit the area’s most vulnerable children, youth and their families.
5. Bidding for the Step into Spring Online Auction and Art Sale starts at noon on April 14 and closes at 5 p.m. on April 22. Visit shelldale.ca to learn more.
Comments are closed.